FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Want to go for a bus ride...come on and get on!

So Jake has been a trooper-8 days and he happily gets on the bus. Our morning routine does involve his gripes about how tired HE is and how HE needs a break-but he goes and comes home one happy boy. Today we were not so fortunate.
The usual rhetoric went on and as usual I just ignore his words and go on with the morning and put forth my faith in him that he will wake up! The bus arrives and Sadie and I dash out the door-but today Jake won't follow. I pick him up and carry him as he grabs at anything and everything he can...the door jam...the suburban as I pass...trees...are you following me on this???? We get to the bus and the sweet bus driver pleas with him that all will be well...not for jake...not taking any bait..the bus is parked in the middle of the street...you do know it is a felony to board a school bus...right? So I ask the driver..."can I walk him on?" She is so sweet...says "of course" but looks around like she hopes she won't get in trouble...bus still blocking street...Jake won't let me leave...so we drive off to the next stop....me and these pint sized kids no older than 7 except for Sadie. One kid shows me a treasure box...and me the 5foot 10 Mommy on the bus just taking a ride. Next stop...Jake still isn't giving up...so I ask him if I can drive him to school...he agrees and Sadie, Jake and I get off the bus as the new kids at the new stop get on...with parents watching....and we take the hike back to our stop at our house...I drive them in and all is well. Jake comes home loving school and skipping to his own beat.....of course my head is dreaming of what tomorrow morning will bring!
I need to post on how this whole freedom while the kids are in school isn't what I thought it would be. I am bored and refuse to do laundry and cleaning...that isn't part of the dream I have been dreaming of for 14 years....so more to come...just proud of me for posting....and riding the bus part of the way to school today! There is no tact in being a mom...try as we may...we still look like a mess!



ok here are pictures of shelby's first day of middle school and Kai's first day of 8th grade!



1 comment:

guthriegang said...

your kids are so grown up! i am worried about avery wanting me to take her to school her whole life...in fact i think she would be very happy if i stayed in her classes to! she likes to have her mom around....hopefully she proves me wrong, however it is nice to ALWAYS be wanted, i guess!!!

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006