FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Moving, moving, moving


k...World's fastest blog....we are moving to Reno, NV....I was only told less than a week before Christmas...we flew to the other side of the country to find a house... found one...back before Christmas...barely! Did Christmas-yeah, joy, love good times....now packing...now packing....now packing....should of just thrown the christmas tree on top of the suburban...loaded the 4 kids, and hit the road...packing is no fun...I'm used to magical crews of people who come in and pack for me...not this time when Paul's new company is on the "reimbursement" mentality. We just don't have $80,000 to throw around....so we are on our own economic crisis plan.....and I despise hard labor....but hard labor it is~hope you are enjoying your holiday season...relax and enjoy...I'll do the work! I just checked my fellow bloggers blogs...beautiful...I have no time left in this break to comment...but I love you guys....until??????

6 comments:

♥Shally said...

GOOD LUCK!!! We know all about moving on a budget! :)

Just make sure you get the rooms you live in the most done first. Then take your time on the other rooms...

Shaharac said...

I wish like crazy I could help. Remember my dad has worked for Allied Van Lines (Baileys here in Utah) for at least 37 years, long as I have been alive. I grew up helping him and still volunteer him and my brothers. But, I am a master packer. You soooo don't need to hear this. I will say a prayer for you that you will be successful in the hard labor, drive across country etc. journey.
Tip - kitchen dishes, like plates, don't stack pack vertically, then if a box gets set down to hard all of them won't break - and possibly none will. This applies to a lot of breakables. Love you, and let the blogging go until you are settled.

Sophie said...

Welcome to Reno!!! You will love it here...and yes, I am painfully aware of budget...sigh.

Stay safe in the process and we'll see you back out here in the Wild West.

♥Stef said...

Moving, moving, moving....stinks, stinks, stinks. Good Luck with everything!

Alana Yeoman said...

Good Luck with the move Jen! You are a wonder woman. I know you can do it!! I am sure you will enjoy Reno. We have made many trips there since Richard's parents lived near Carson City for so long. They just barely moved to Idaho this past year. I am so glad that we can keep in touch through our blogs. I will miss you! Hugs and Kisses to you and your family!!

HARA said...

Hey you post a SHORT note about the move. I wanna know what's going on. I hope things are working out. Love you girl

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006