FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Monday, October 13, 2008

For those of you who haven't been around Kai

Kailee is brave...she is adventurous...she is silly....she wants to learn about everything and explore (good things of course)....so for those of you who haven't been around my teenager lately or even know her....I just found this video from Labor day this year when we were in Atlanta and visited the World of Coke...I went straight for my comfort-Diet Coke and there was Kai headed straight for the brazilian version of some strange soda that was known to taste bad and warnings had been issued that it was "nasty". She had to find out for herself and of course we "egg-ed" her on to be brave and taste it.....


Ohhhhhh....and if I'm going to keep up with this blogging thing....please leave me comments 'cause I need motivation to keep me blogging since you know...I just sit around all day and eat bon bons and donuts....help me out here....let me feel your love....tell me how great my kids are...or I am or what evs! Did I tell you that on my "mommy break" last week I bought this book called "Laying Down the law...the 25 laws of parenting" of course I haven't even read the first law yet....make comments so I keep blogging and have this distraction from "laying down the law" on my poor kids!

14 comments:

♥Shally said...

Your kids are GREAT!

YOU are AMAZING!

Such a good mom.

And Wife.

And Friend.

YOU ROCK!!!

(How was that???) :)

Bountiful Blessings said...

I am hysterical! The boys are going to love this video. You rock, my friend....so do your babies. BTW...Trav got a kick out of Shelb text on Sunday. Will call this week...clay needs a guthrie fix. XOXO

♥Stef said...

Cute, cute Kailee! I heard those other cola's are so sick. Now why do other countries like it???? Kai might like my favorite show Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel! Check it out, I love it.

Unknown said...

Loved that sour face...I would have loved to hear the first words out of her mouth that described that taste!

Shaharac said...

That is so cute. I can't believe how gorgeous she is. I remember her throwing a cute little temper tantrum in your van when she was about 3? You guys were watching her waiting out the storm, I wanted to go save her but Paul told me I couldn't. Meanie! Needless to say, she has changed and looks as sweet as ever!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I am such a terrible friend. I don't do the blogging thing, I rarely have time to do the phone thing. I think I'm even bad at the email thing! What is happening to me! Friends are so important and look at me!!!!

Well this is the first time I have gone to see the posts. You are so wonderful and I wish I had your spirit! I miss you my friend and wish we could have spent more time together when you were here. That's ok because the dinner at the Chinese restaurant was wonderful.

Oh my goodness Kailee is so grown up now. I have to find the picture I took of her in Utah when she was just a baby. I will find it and then send it to you.

I love you lots and hope you are doing well my friend. I miss you and wishing you the best!

Where are you now? You sent me an email saying you were moving.....

hmmmmmmm -

Keep blogging because that's the only way I can keep up with you! Don't stop, I promise to keep reading - I've even put it in my favorites!!!!

Love you!
Sandi Lau

guthriejen said...

Hey Jennifer. I need to get you mailing address from you, not sure I have your correct email. It's nice being able to see what you guys are up to.

Gillian said...

You definitely deserve comments--lots of them.
Kailee is getting way too old--and beautiful--and she's just cool.
That's because her mom is cool--and beautiful--and awesome(you thought I was going to say "old" didn't you?).
This is just comment #1

Gillian said...

Please, please, please don't stop blogging. I love reading your fun, witty, clever posts. And I love seeing pictures of your family. So don't stop--I vow to be a better commenter.

Gillian said...

Jen is the best! Jen is the best! Jen is the best! Jen is the best! Jen is the best!

Gillian said...

Hey, why am I not seeing pictures of your vinyl lettering creations on this blog??? I want to see what you've been working on--and get inspired. (inspired to have you make me something, that is)

Gillian said...

I love, love, love you, and your family, and your blog. You're an awesome friend and I can't imagine a world without you.
So keep on blogging!

The Barker Clan said...

Jen.....she is so cute. Her facial expressions and just everything about her is so YOU!! What a cute little family.

Alana Yeoman said...

Now that I have figured out this whole blogging thing, I promise to leave my comments! Don't stop blogging. I love keeping up with your beautiful family. We must see each other one of these days. When are you planning to move?

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006