FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My amazing 6th grader!






Shelby has officially promoted to middle school. I didn't cry at the ceremony - I am glad to have the summer in front of us - but I did tear up when I came home...had my first silent moments in a long time and read the girls report cards. I really am proud of their hard work...they take pride in what they do and they don't require me to hoover over them...they all had A's and are top of their classes...It isn't their grades as much as it is their determination to do well...to pay attention...and to be happy. I am a lucky mommy!

2 comments:

Bountiful Blessings said...

Shelby, I am so proud of you! You are such a smart and beautiful young woman. I miss you bunches and bunches.
Jen- love the haircut!!!! :)

Gillian said...

I can't believe Shelby will be in Middle school. That just does not seem right. She's getting way too big! Congrats on good grades and a great year!

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006