FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Freedom & the 4th of July





I decided this year that the 4th should be all about FREEDOM...freedom from kids and a family (except for Shelby...I needed a spa partner!) Paul headed to Virginia beach with 4 kids (taking kai's friend taylor home) and shelby and I decided to do some much needed cleaning....of our feet! Pedicures and a day at the spa was just what we needed. The spa was worried I would never leave...it was heaven. We have had a great weekend...the house is clean and quiet...we have been scrapbooking and eating out...and though it is nice...I miss the gang and am ready for the craziness again...so until tomorrow...ring in your own freedom...from dieting to housework to stress....give yourself a break too!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I forgot to ask you about this. I'm so glad you were able to celebrate your "freedom". Sounds like an awesome weekend--I'm a little jealous. Okay, a lot! Weekends like are way too rare for us. In fact, your weekend was the exact opposite of my weekend. Mine was all about hard labor and sweat! Man, I need a pedicure!

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006