FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Invitation to my pity party...wanna come?


I have decided that life is not a bowl of cherries for me today...and so I am going to have a pity party....really...I want balloons, a cake, and streamers....and I want to mess up my house. Where did all of this come from....here it goes:


1. Trying to sell our house is no fun....it is a big house and people are cautious...so everyday I stress that "someone might come" and no one comes and looks


2. If we don't sell this house I'll be "husbandless" till we do.....work will take him away


3. All I do is cook and clean everyday....I don't have time for friends/fun


4. I worry about my aunt that we are moving near...she needs family near by....she needs joy


5. I want to lose weight in 5 minutes....20year high school reunion....and I am not the size one I was in high school


6. My kids tell me daily that I embarrass them....well some do...the others just laugh....let me have fun you life-sucking kids~!


7. I keep looking at houses where we are moving and they all look like something from Bonanza...or a western show.(and these are the homes in the 700's...you should see the lower priced ones...I'll have to put up cow horns or whatever you call them....I am an east coast girl now...I have style...I have class.....I don't want a barnyard kitchen with blue ducks all over it!


8. Sadie went to Atlanta with a friend for a week...I miss her....I am glad she isn't asking me for something every 5 seconds....but I miss her chubby cheeks and her contagious smile...and she just left 5 hours ago....long week


9. I can't stop organizing and I am sick of it!


10. I can't think of a ten....but I am sure there is one out there!




Did you have fun? Maybe I'll have this kind of party again. I am usually bursting with positivity...but today I didn't want to ....and while writing all of my "reasons" I decided life isn't that bad....I just wish I could make everything happen how and when I want it to

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Can I come? I always enjoy a good pity party. I think my favorite was number 6!!! Some days there is no delicious lemonade--just sour, moldy lemons.
I want you to sell your house, buy a beautiful home without blue ducks in the kitchen, lose 5 pounds overnight, relax, get pedicures, and let's throw in a pony while we're at it. Hey, I want that for me too.
Sorry, Jen--tomorrow will be better.

♥Shally said...

I love pity parties.

And I can throw a good one too!! :)

Good luck with all the yuckiness--

HERE'S TO A GREAT HOUSE WITH NO DUCKS IN IT!!! :)

I mean really, is that too much to ask??

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006