FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Friday, July 18, 2008

Read to your children!

I am a blogging maniac! Today I took Kai to her 14yr. old check-up. On the way there I told her I could wait outside in the waiting room and she said she didn't mind if I was in there. I know this is small but I was just thinking...she still laughs at my jokes...she hangs out with me....she talks to me and is a teenager...I am one lucky mom.
I think back to when she was little and how I would read to her for hours each day and night, fill up a pool with water and hang out in it-9 months pregnant at our condo while the workers would drive by, and how I do my best to show interest in my babies. I feel so torn with time to give all 4 of my children the time they need individually....but one thing I will never regret is reading to them, listening to them, and being there for them. It is true that you blink and they are teenagers...but I am glad that Kai is the teenager she is. She is honest, motivated, happy and loves her Savior....so here's to you Kailee....thanks for picking me as your mom/madre/mommy!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I remember that little girl--and I remember that condo. I can't believe how old our girls are getting. Kailee is one lucky gal to have such an awesome mom. She is smart and sweet and a reflection of you--literally, she looks just like you.

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006