FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to my one and only Sis!

Darolyn,
You are beautiful in every sense of the word...you define beauty inside and out. I am so lucky to have you as my one and only sister. Here are the top ten reasons why I love you...but if I had time and didn't have to load up the 4 kids-2 cats and drive around town in my suburban (even went to a carwash!) while my house is being shown and hopefully has sold....rambling....then I would write 1000 reasons and have to stop myself...because I love you so much...you are incredible, you get on my nerves and I would do anything for you....you have taught me so much about love, kindness, generosity, and patience(sometimes!). We are really good at laughing together and you were the one that lead me to my love-Paul. Thanks for being in my life Dar and thanks for who you are....you are beautiful....now let's stop wasting time and get you married in the temple so my kids can babysit your babies!
Top Ten Reasons:
1. If I fell off the face of the earth my kids wouldn't mind because you would be the best replacement and they absolutely, 100%, without any hesitation, adore you....you are the best Auntie in the entire world and you love my kids like they are your own....you are family to them...you are pure love to them...thanks!

2. You have compasion like no one I have ever known...you really do put others before yourself (reason why you dated someone for 9yrs and believed in him...good for him...not for you!)

3. You love to laugh and boy have we needed that in our lives.....laughing till we cry and pee our pants....you are the only one who keeps me going like I do when I am on my "comedy act" and you stay and keep listening...well until I embarrass you...as usual!

4. You think of me all the time and want me to be pretty, fashion forward, and cool...and send me clothes and make me dye my hair....I'd wear a ponytail or have my Hawaii bun everyday if it were not for you

5. You love Paul like a brother and it means the world to him. You are also always thinking of him and your support makes him feel like a million dollars...you love him more than me sometimes and that's ok 'cause he needs it...you really are so cool to him and I could never thank you enough for all the encouragement you give him.

6. You are soooo adventurous it kills me....I wouldn't eat squid or go hang gliding but off you go...bring it on is your motto

7. You forgive faster than anyone I know...or quicker than I think is humanly possible...you really just see the good in everyone....I mean everyone....I used to tell you I didn't think you should hang out with "this person" in high school and you would come back with "don't worry Jen they are good"...I couldn't see it but you did

8. You will hate me for this...but I am so in awe of how you keep your head up...because I know it is hard....and I know you want to find someone to share your life with and have a family...HE is missing out until HE meets you....they are going to get one awesome deal when He gets you as a wife and mother!

9. You love your Dad, sister, and brothers....you worry about us and would put your life on hold to help us out...and you have....you have big brownie points with the Man Above for all that you have done for Dad!

10. You shine....and I shine when I am with you....people love you Darolyn....you are the best sister, friend, boss, neighbor, dog owner - I know Mollie is not a dog...she is part of you...she's your baby!...o.k back to shining....you do.....and everyone who knows you is better because of you.....
I love You - Sister -Auntie-Mollie's Mommy-Friend
Happy Happy Happy Birthday and we'll celebrate together soon!

Darolyn and I around 1973

Adventurous D -after this picture the raw squid juice fell in your mouth...worth the photo?

Cruising the Carribbean-how much fun was that!

The Dancing Queen....boy were we rocking on that ship

I should of put all the food in front of you...you can out eat me and be a size 2

The BEST Auntie EVER!
What did I say....YOU are beautiful!


Have a great Birthday!

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Happy Birthday Darolyn! I feel like I've known you for years (and I guess I have). This was an awesome tribute for an awesome person.
Okay Jen, my birthday is Jan. 14--so you have like 5 months to work on my tribute. And by then your house will be sold and you'll be completely unpacked and living in your beautiful new home--with nothing better to do than write 1000 reasons why I'm so great. I'll be waiting!

Unknown said...

Gill,
You are sweet! I feel like I have known you too, especially through Jenn. I think you are truly one of our SISTERS! She loves you so much and can't talk about you without shedding some tears. :)
I love the tribute too. should have her write a personal ad for me in the news paper or singles ward newsletter!
I look much diff. Maybe I will start a blog! Gillian... I am sure your tribute would need more pages than just one. Take Care and Love! I am lucky to have my sister. She is my best friend!

Unknown said...

No wonder why Darolyn sent me over here. She wanted to remind me that I missed her birthday and she wanted me to read all of this good stuff...of course I already knew that every word was true.

Hi Jen. I am so happy to find your blog...I am going to add you to my reader and my blogroll.

I am so happy to keep in touch this way.

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006