FAITH

" I believe in the sun even when it is not shining...in love even when I am alone...and in God even when He is silent."

inscription found scatched into a wall in Germany, by someone hiding from Nazi concentration camps

Friday, July 11, 2008

they won't go to bed!.....updated version with pictures












Shelby and Sadie are on this late night kick....you know how when we were young and our parents would tell us to go to bed and stop goofing off....it's pay back....they don't even fall asleep until 1am or later...laughing....talking....making potions/lotions....creativity really takes off for my girls after midnight! The other night I was talking to my sister on the phone and I could hear the giggles coming from Shelby's room...so I went in to find them "playing dentist". Flossing teeth...squirting water in syringes and making bibs out of towels and hairclips....creative - Yes....able to wake up before noon the next day - NO! I get flash backs of my sister and I giggling...her telling me "really Jen...this is the last thing you can say" and then I think of something funny and crack her up even though she wanted to be sleeping...it all comes back when you see yourself in your daughter's eyes.





Shebly & Sadie- 18months apart


Add Image


Darolyn & I -16 months apart




Christmas 1973....me blonde & 3...Darolyn 4 and the black coat





Darolyn and I at the BYU newsroom....around 1990...good ol college days

my 1st birthday....Darolyn by my side.....did you know that she introduced me to Paul....and we still stay up late and laugh and talk....poor Paul is even kicked out of the bed so we can hang out!

4 comments:

♥Shally said...

Where are the flash back pics of you and your sister??? :)

Bountiful Blessings said...

I'm sure this isn't the last time they will have up late. Future hygenists or dentists? Two more weeks and I'm there! Can't wait to see you and the kids.

guthriegang said...

how fun!! there is nothing like a sister close in age! they will forever be that way! priceless!!

Unknown said...

Get that big hair picture off!!!

The Guthrie's in 2006

The Guthrie's in 2006